Tuesday, July 14, 2009

so far, so good, part II

It has been more than a week - two weeks, maybe, since we started the American generic levetiracetam, and it seems to be working just fine! I'm very relieved. There are significant differences between the previous brand from Canada - the shape of the pills, the thickness, and particularly the overall size. The US one is much smaller, and a better shape for cutting. It does worry me a little, because it seems as though I must be giving him much less than previously, but there must have just been a whole lot of fillers in the Canadian drug. Going to continue to keep my fingers crossed that everything stays just the way it is.

Someday I'm going to write something about this subject and it's not going to make me shudder with superstition and the need to toss salt over my shoulder.....