Saturday, September 12, 2009

I knew it.

Brought the baby scale back home yesterday, and weighed Milkshake the minute I set the scale down. Eight pounds, ten ounces. Close to half a pound less than in April. What I can't figure out is, he's eating very enthusiastically at every opportunity. He cleans his plate, and makes repeated trips to see what everyone else has left. He has even starting eating bits of people food, which should probably bother me, but doesn't - I'm just delighted to see him enjoying any food. The one problem he has around eating - and it's a Tootle problem - she's so aggressive, and he's terrified of her. She will come and sit a couple of feet from Milk while he's eating, and within a matter of seconds, he will wander off and allow her to finish his dish. If I chase her away and put him back down in front of his food, he will eat until the next time she shows up. Moving the dish (and Milk) around to what may seem like safer places isn't much use; he's still the most vulnerable of the six cats and they all know it.

I could start bottlefeeding him once a day to see if he gains any weight, I suppose. Truthfully, I hate the thought of it, and I wouldn't want to do anything that reduces his own newly-functional appetite....

We are 20 days from his one year seizure-free anniversary. I can't believe it! I would love to try lowering the medication, but I'm too afraid to do it. This seems like a disorder where, if something is working, you don't screw around with it unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

I do want to make an appointment for bloodwork for him in the near future.