Saturday, March 22, 2008

**Antijinx**


It's been a month and a half since Milk's last seizure. (Whispering....) He seems to be doing very well, generally. Except for the not-eating, things have been quite normal for my little Milkshake. You should see him sproinging around the living room. Like he's got little tiny trampolines on his feet......

I am sort of fiddling around with the times of his pills - getting hold of him five times a day is a major pain in the neck. I can combine one of the phenobarbs with either the first or last Keppra, but the Marin needs to be given with food, so it's just as easy to put it in a pill pocket with the phenobarb and give him a bottle of EVO at the same time. I wish that I had the courage to try cutting the phenobarbital in half again, (which would be about 3 and 1/2 mg bid) with an intent to remove it completely, but I'm really afraid. Our experience has been that, with a dosage change, when the seizures start up again, they're even more resistant to being controlled. Karen from the epi-kitty board got forms from Auburn to report about the Keppra usage, and I'd like to have the pheno levels tested again, too, so I suppose that should be the next project. If his Keppra levels came back incredibly high, I would still not be inclined to lower his dosage, though; it's working now, it wasn't before at a lower amount, and I'm not willing to change things if it's not totally necessary.