Sunday, March 9, 2008

Found a pill..........

laying on the kitchen floor this morning. It appeared to have been in a Pill Pocket - the surface of the pill looked rough, like it had been exposed to dampness - and there was a little tiny chunk of brownish taffy-looking stuff on it. It was one of the 1/2 Keppra pills. No way to know how long it had been there, or who chewed the Pill Pocket off from around it. At least there hasn't been a seizure - oh, how I hope that's a good sign. As to how it got to the floor - who knows? I think I can only remember once in the last couple days that he managed to spit out a pill, which I know I picked up and pushed back into the corner of his mouth.

There has been a smidge of progress on the Food Front. Several times in the last couple days, I've seen Milk go over to one of the food dishes (I've become, somewhat to my surprise, a "free feeder" again) and actually eat a little bit. I've been giving them the Nature's Variety Frozen Raw again for about two weeks, and he seems to like it. Have to get some more. He seems less pleased with the canned/bottle EVO now, though. He liked the 95% beef EVO, but it was really greasy and fatty - those little blops of white fat! - and it didn't mix well with the water for bottlefeeding. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Things would be much simpler if he'd just eat on his own again - especially if I have to take him along to Erie or New York for Scruffy's potential eye surgery.