Thursday, August 7, 2008

It occurred to me in the middle of the night....

that Milk has started eating on his own again. Which would be wonderful - he has actually maintained his weight by himself for a couple of days - except that the last time he ate voluntarily, his phenobarb level had dropped to the point where he was also having seizures. Lots of them. I hate to do it to him, but I'm thinking that maybe he needs to have his blood levels checked again. I don't know how it works that other people's cats only get their levels checked every six months or even longer.....

This has been a bad week with the litter box problems . There doesn't seem to be any reason for him to be sick. I added - after taking samples from Toot and Minnie (who had worm treatments) - Albon (3ml SID), and a couple of small feeding syringes of probiotic yogurt, according to the vet's instructions. Which Milky reacted to as though I was feeding him poison. There are speckles/lumps of yellow and white sticky stuff all over the kitchen, and all over everything I've worn for the last 5 days. To say nothing of the adventure of capturing and squirting this stuff down Scruffy and Milk both. Little Toot doesn't object at all, for some reason, and she doesn't even have to be argued with about eating any of it. Just squirt and off she goes again!