Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Phenobarb's back.

I can't understand - even with a wispy little cat like Milk - how such a tiny amount of phenobarbital can have such a huge effect. It's been - well, rats, I don't remember exactly how long (and I'm afraid this will disappear if I go to look at the blog) - maybe a week and a half or so? - since the seizures returned, and I increased the phenobarb to 3/4 of a pill both AM and PM. That's about 3mg more in the morning. The first few days, things seemed pretty much normal - and I have to say that it's been a week since he had a seizure. **anti-jinx** But, yesterday, he ate virtually nothing except for the bottles of EVO that I gave him, and today, he's really wobbly again. I didn't know that he was sitting on the back of my rocker tonight, and when I abruptly stood up, it practically flung him onto the floor - and he didn't seem to be able to do anything - claws, or reflexes or whatever - to maintain his position. I did weigh him a couple days ago, and he was 9 pounds, 1 ounce, but his rear legs and hips are really boney again. I'm aiming to give him two bottles a day and to hope that, because he loves the raw chicken chunks so much, he'll eat at least a couple of mouthfuls on his own.

Little Tootle has declared herself the Queen of the House. She has all of the boys intimidated, and poor Milk, who so much loves to snuggle and cuddle with the other cats, has never even gotten to lay a paw on her, much less schmuttzle. He looks longingly at her, and then, when she starts coming toward him, he's smart enough to take off as fast as he can.

Watch out, Milk - she's coming to get you!

Watch out, Milk!