Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally!

At last, I managed to get Milk's blood sent to Auburn.  (I took both Milkshake and Scruffy to the vet for the same appointment and purpose.  Scruffy started spitting and hissing before we even started to drag him out of his carrier, where as my sweet little Milkshake, practically catatonic from the trip in the car, the traffic noises, and strangers trying to handle him, laid down on a towel fragment  - I forgot the kitty pi this trip - and just shivered uncontrollably non-stop.  Like two different species, they were!)

My intention was to have blood drawn also for the vet to use his own machine for analysis - I wanted to see what the liver values looked like, because I've been giving Milk Denosyl on a mostly regular basis for weeks now.  Unfortunately, I forgot to ask, and it's such an ordeal getting blood out of him, even from the vein in his neck whose name I can't recall right now.  Tiny little veins in his wispy body......

Anyway, here are the results from Auburn:

Date Updated:       8/27/2010
Animal Name:        Milkshake
Owner Name:         Guckert
Species:            Feline

Results
Test: Feline Phenobarbital,  (mcg/ml)
Result: 26.1
Normals: 15 - 45
Last Updated: 8/27/2010

Test: Feline Keppra,  (mcg/ml)
Result: 32.5
Normals: 5.5 - 21
Last Updated: 8/26/2010

Phenobarb level is good!  Keppra level, well, considering that the Keppra dosage has been reduced by 1/3 (125mg),  I'm not particularly unhappy with that either.   Given that the Keppra  standards are based on human data, I'm not going to worry about it.


One of the options on the Auburn analysis application is "Do you want suggestions/recommendations?"  I checked that, hoping that maybe there would be some interesting suggestions.  (Aside from something like, "Wow, that's a lot of Keppra!")   What I got was just an email report of the results.  Maybe Dr. G. will get something more detailed because he's a professional?  I hope, I hope.

And next, to see what the bill turns out to be.......