Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Animal Communicator


Hope, and Dale, and Linda (and Wild Thing) got together and gave me an hour with Morgan the animal communicator for my birthday. The appointment was this afternoon. I was a wreck, thinking that all four cats would tell her that I make them crazy and they'd like to live elsewhere. But she said they like me, they realllly like me. (HA!)

We talked a long time about little Milkshake. He wanted me to know that he'd been with me before, when he had another life. (I wish I'd thought to say, "What life?" - I think so slowly on my feet.) I think he was actually my beloved Black Kitty, who died in 2000. It would seem to explain the instant attachment I felt to him, even in his cage at PetSmart. Anyway, she did a "body scan" on Milk, and she said she saw inflammation and pressure in his head, but no tumor. She suggested the use of two herbs - cudweed and gaba, I think they were (boy, did I have those names screwed up!) - that she'd used for animals with seizures before successfully. I'm willing to try them, although I don't know how I could tell if they were working or not since he's taking phenobarbital. Maybe I could call her again and she'd get him to tell her? It was very touching, and made me cry again and again. There is something undeniably connecting me to this little white cat; I've never had eye contact with a cat before like with him. Phenobarb has sadly taken away some of the things that were most meaningful with him, but maybe they'll come back eventually. She said that he does love the other cats, even Burble. My mind doesn't retain stuff much any more, so fortunately, Dale was recording the conversation at her radio station, and I'll be able to refresh my memory when I get the CD. Another significant thing Morgan said was that Milk's got four or five vertebrae that are severely out of whack and causing him pain. (Could that be contributing to the rear leg weakness? Or could all the falling down have added to the problem?) She said that he said he feels "hazy" before a seizure, but that he "goes away" from his body during one, so it's not scary to him. She also has a friend who teaches neurology at the Ohio State Vet School, but is in private practice, and suggested that I call her friend - Sue W, I believe her name was - and ask her to look at Milk's blood work and tests and stuff and consult with Dr. G. She's in Columbus, which is about a two or three hour drive - so maybe she'd be a possibility for an actual hands-on visit. She practices "integrative" medicine - both the allopathic and the homeopathic, I think Morgan said. (Every time I think about using herbs, I remember the Chinese herbs that kind Dr. Doug had made for Scruffy - a liver flavored liquid that made him foam and foam, and an incredibly stinky pill that was so enormous that even cut in half, I couldn't get it down Muffer's throat. I hope that these herbs are more palatable.)

Little Milk's not having a very good day today. He seems weak and pretty out of it. He's been asleep almost the entire day. And he ate almost nothing but a little of the dry food that I gave him with his pills. He's really back to the "bag of bones" stage. Morgan suggested giving him milk. (Actually, she said, "The word "milk" keeps coming to me." I said, "Well, yeah, that's his name." Anyway, she thought he might enjoy having some milk - and if he'd drink it, I'd be glad to give him some of Rege's lactose free stuff. Any extra calories are welcome.) I want him to be okay. Now.