Thursday, September 20, 2007

Still going well.....

Between the ease of giving the Keppra in capsules and only bottlefeeding little Milk twice a day, I feel like I'm on vacation! Well, not exactly, but.... He has eaten willingly from a bowl for the last two or three days. Not a lot, but enough to give me hope that he'll be able to regain a little of his weight. It's going to be a shock to Busy when Milk is once again eating completely on his own - he thinks Milk's his own personal smorgasbord. He hangs around while I'm feeding Milk so he can get the clumps of cat food that I missed with the washcloth. (This looks like affection, but it's actually a careful surveillance for Turkey Wellness!)




Milkshake has become the great bug chaser. All those bugs that manage to get into the house in September have NO idea that he's waiting for them. Yesterday, he found another of those nasty-looking, unidentified black bugs with the big mean pincers on its head. I stepped on it before it took a chunk out of my little white boy. Right now, he's behind me, pursuing what I think/hope is a cricket. Unsuccessfully.

There are no words to describe how incredible it is to see my Milkshake once again bounding around the house and playing and watching the birds, and snuggling with the other cats. It makes me sick to realize how badly he was affected by the unintentional phenobarbital overdose. I need to take him next week for blood levels again. If you can judge by his behavior and activity level, they should once again be in a safe range. Fingers crossed.