Monday, September 17, 2007

Two was enough.

Hopefully, those two seizures were the last for a very long time. I can't understand Milk's even having them, because in the last couple of days, the change in him has been drastic and amazing. He looks like himself again - still thin, but sleek and tall and somehow confident again. He hasn't fallen off anything for two weeks. When I'm holding him and I set him on the floor, his back legs no longer collapse under him. And this morning, miracle of miracles, I put his food bowl down in front of him - well, he walked off and I had to follow him around a little while - but eventually, he ATE the food. I have continued to give him the same canned food that everyone else gets, even though he didn't eat any of it, but he wants dry too; until his weight begins to improve and he develops an actual appetite again, that's fine. He's eating a ton of treats, too, now; besides Rege's treat routine with them, I've been giving him treats as a bribe with his pills.

He doesn't seem to be absolutely sure that the grape-squirting phase is over. I dip the end of his Keppra capsules in butter, which he really likes the taste of. Doesn't encourage him to be any more cooperative, but at least I know how much Keppra is getting into his body.

I love to look at him now - you can tell that he's feeling so much more normal. Such a sweet boy.