Sunday, December 2, 2007

Curious/weird

Milk just woke me at 5:20. Prime seizure time, but he wasn't having a seizure. He walked around on me a little bit, hopped on and off the furniture, and eventually raced around the living room. It was definitely odd behavior, but since it didn't seem to involve incipient brain damage, I wasn't about to discourage it. I thought maybe he'd want something to eat - if it was actually some sort of "substitute seizure" - but he really didn't. After maybe 10 minutes of activity, he hopped to the top of the cat tree tunnel - a good five feet off the ground - and just sat there, quite relaxed. At 5:40, he closed his eyes and started to nod off, which made me nervous for no particular reason. I went into the kitchen to record this, and he followed me, then went back out to sit on the short cat tree.

I'm not sure what to think. The timing makes me think that, if he hadn't awakened, this would probably have been a seizure, but I don't know if that's likely to happen or not. I would happily be awakened every day at 5:30 if he just wants to wander around and no seizures are involved.

He seemed to be feeling the effects of the greatly increased dosage more late yesterday. There were a couple of times that I noticed that he had a sort of hard-to-describe "startled" look on his face. (Yeah, I know, I know, but he did. Something odd about his eyes....) And when he was ready to go to sleep for the night, he just flopped down and never moved a muscle . No turning around to make a nest, no last minute grooming, just awake one minute and sound asleep the next.

It's possible that one of the other cats woke him at 5:20. I'm beginning to think that the four of them spend the night stomping around on top of me, and I'm such a sound sleeper that I just don't know it. I have noticed that the ones I start out with when I go to sleep are not necessarily the ones who are there when I wake up, no matter what time that is.

And now I kind of hate to go back to sleep - it's 6AM, though - because I'm afraid that I'll be unpleasantly awakened by snarling and growling in a half hour. Rats. Never satisfied.