Monday, December 10, 2007

The middle-of-the-night freight train






Well, we're still having the periods of intense activity during the night. Every night. As I said before, better this than seizures...... In a way, it's kind of funny. He spends endless amounts of time either stealing the straws from my tea mug, or finding the out-of-the-way places he's hidden them, and triumphantly carrying them around all over the house. Twice last night, he woke me up - I thought he was having a seizure - the jaw-clicking - but it was actually the straw snapping when he chewed on it.

His need to always be snuggled up against one of the other cats has diminished recently, and now, he wants to be curled up in my armpit as soon as I sit in my chair. (Which does interfere with knitting.) It's very touching. He keeps trying to get closer and closer, and then he stretches his skinny little front leg out and pats me with his paw. Honestly, I am convinced that inside this wispy little white cat is some sort of miraculous being that I've been blessed to find. I look in his eyes and see - well, I can't even describe it. I was so driven to see him in that cage at Petsmart almost two years ago for some reason I can't explain, but I am absolutely positive that it was meant to be. And I am so glad.