Monday, October 13, 2008

Mustn't have been the paint....

I was thinking that maybe the paint I'm using in the living room, etc. might have been a trigger for Milk that set off the last few seizures. I didn't have any record of when I painted. I did always make sure that the fan was on and the house was well ventilated, but.... Anyway, I painted quite a bit on Saturday, and - although I woke up Sunday morning again convinced I heard him starting to foam - but he wasn't; he was just sitting across the room from me, looking perfectly normal. Thank goodness.

Gonna have to decide what to do about the next order of Keppra. These 500 mg pills are huge and very unwieldy. I know several people who have the "triple beam" scientific scales, or whatever they're called, so they can give precise dosages. While I know that would be desirable, I don't know if I could manage it. Despite the significant difference in cost between the 500's and the 250's, the 250's were much easier to chop and give to him. I have plenty of time to decide, I guess; the best thing about the 500's is that the two bottles have lasted and lasted. He's still getting 1/2 marin tablet twice a day, too. I firmly believe that it's doing SOMETHING. Well, no, I don't know what, I just think somehow it's helping his liver process the phenobarb more safely. And I am convinced that these longer periods between seizures (knock on wood 13 times!) have some relationship to the marin. Whether they do or not is really irrelevant; the fact remains that I believe it...