Thursday, March 5, 2009

Such a nice comment ( #2)

And this one, which came today from my too-faraway-to-hug internet friend, Linda:

"Those of us who have been truly owned by a cat do know that look that passes between us. Not ever having children I can't be sure, but I always think of it as the same kind of bond exists between a parent and a child, only better. To look at them and have so much love in your heart that you feel like your chest will burst."

I don't want to be sloppy about all this, although sloppy is one of my most well-developed attributes, sadly. But I've been really upset for two days about the story on the internet about the kid who put a video of himself torturing his cat on YouTube. I can hardly bear to think about the whole mess. The nightmarish kid, the poor cat, the parents who are going to have to try to "fix" this kid......it all makes me sick.

But - it makes me feel better about the world and all the sad and unpleasant things in it to know that there are people like Linda and Leeta and Hope and Marianne (and, I guess, me and a ton of other people on the Feline Diabetes Message Board, and the Yahoo Epikitty Board and wherever) who do care and who find love and satisfaction and reward beyond description from the sentient furry beings who share our lives. Sometimes things DO work out just right, I guess.