Wednesday, March 4, 2009

such a nice comment........

There have only been a few comments to the blogs for my two cats. And they've been mostly from people who "know" the cats. Well, or who know me.... Anyway, tonight, there was the following really nice comment from "Leeta." It made me cry. Let me post it here, and then I'll explain.

leeta said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love your relationship with Milk. I don't even quite know how I managed to end up here (seems to me last conscious moment I was looking at something with Verizon billing and I guess I wandered a bit! LOL!) but I am glad that I did. So many things reminded me of so many days with my baby girl Miss Kitty. She didn't have epilepsy but that was one of the few things she didnt have. The last year of her earthly life she had two strokes and congestive heart failure but right through it all she wanted to keep going. Until well, I guess that one day or really a couple days before, she got tired or just didn't want to keep doing it. Its been 1 year and almost 3 months since I've gotten to see her little kitty face shining up at me, containing all the love in the world, and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I hope that Milk lives another 20 years or so, long enough for them to figure out how to give them human lifespans so that you guys can grow old together. Relationships like that should never be apart. Thank you for posting your blog. It is beautiful.

March 4, 2009 3:11 PM"


I am so touched by this nice person's taking the time to make this comment. And for her to talk about her Miss Kitty's face "shining up at me" - sometimes you sort of think that the way you feel about your cat might just be a smidge over the top or something. The "crazy cat lady" syndrome. SO, it's nice to have someone else freely talking about her love and affection for her cat, and to think that we all are not (necessarily!) crazy or nuts or emotionally stunted or whatever. We just love them. Right? Thank you, Leeta, and I hope that Miss Kitty sends you another cat for you to love desperately and wholeheartedly, and to love you back...