Thursday, January 17, 2008

PHEW!

It happened again - I had to take my mother-in-law for a doctor's appointment, and Milk was nowhere to be found. I thought I'd wait and be "casual" until a half hour before I had to leave, in the hopes of being able to grab and pill him, but noooooooo...... So, the whole time I was gone, I was in a panic that he'd have another seizure the next morning - today, actually - since I don't know if it was the three-hours-late phenobarb pill on Monday that produced Tuesday morning's seizure. As it turned out, he was still among the missing when I got home. By the time I found him, managed the agony of kneeling on the floor, lifted up the sofa with my left shoulder and tried to grab one of his body parts with my right hand to drag him out, and then staggered to my feet again, his pill was two and a half hours late. So, I cleverly thought, I'll give him a smidge more phenobarb and see if that helps make up for the vanished hours. I still have a ton of the compounded 10mg capsules, so I gave him one of those, and - don't know if that's what did it or not - but anyway, no seizure this morning.

It should only be that simple and successful all the time. The little stinker has such an exquisite sense of time - he wanders through the kitchen at the exact time his pills are due every single day - that I know that these disappearances lately at pill time are intentional. Maybe he knows that the phenobarbital is doing major damage....

I have to go out this afternoon, but I was sneaky and grabbed him before I got ready to go. Not giving any more hints that it's time to hide.