Saturday, May 3, 2008

Did he have another seizure?

I was sitting at the computer in the kitchen when Milk came and jumped up to walk across the keyboard. I noticed an odd looking patch of fur on his side - it was sort of stiff and sticking out. Like he'd been grooming, only not soft. I picked him up, and his tail was damp, as was his stomach. Didn't notice anything around his neck or head, though, where he usually has foam after a seizure. I sniffed him - didn't smell like urine. Maybe he was in the bathtub? I didn't hear any growling or snarling, although, I did think a little while ago that I heard a cat meowing. A lot. (Thought maybe it was Cinnaminnie outside.) I opened a can of FF - the ultimate test of seizure-having - is he willing to eat? And he sniffed it and licked a little of the food. Bad sign? Maybe. I got dry kitten food out for the ferals, and he came over and ate quite a bit of it. Another bad sign? I have no idea.

I walked all over the house, and didn't see anything that looked like a wet spot. If he'd had a seizure upstairs, I'm sure I would have heard him growling. Rats, this makes me sick. I don't know what to think. And it's only been three days since the last one. Do I need to think about increasing the Keppra? Or should I go back to giving the phenobarb at 12 hour intervals, despite the fact that it's been working fine for weeks now stretching it out to longer periods?

The weeks of peace and reduced anxiety about seizures have apparently come to an end.