Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So far, so good.

No seizures since 10/7. How sad to be happy about going three days without a seizure. At first, Milk seemed a little wobblier than usual (even for him these days), but today, he's pretty much back to normal. He seems more interested in food, too. Someone on the EpiFelines board said that her cat was inappetant on Keppra. Never know, I guess.

This afternoon, after fiddling around for an hour with my new found/lost faxing skills, I managed to get the prescription for the generic Keppra sent to Canada. They have some sort of rule about only sending unopened packages of pills, which means that what's on your prescription isn't necessarily what's in the order they send you, apparently, but that actually works to my benefit. I don't know how many pills exactly I'll be receiving. The prescription was for 45 pills, with two refills. The Customer Service person I talked to at Universal Drugstore.Com (who has a cat that's been newly diagnosed with asthma and a vet she's not very happy with...) said that the pills come in 100 unit lots, so I will be getting 200, I guess. Or maybe 150. I really don't care which - it gives me a little more flexibility about ordering refills and dealing with the Canadian postal system. The total price - and I don't know if this includes the $10 for shipping or not - is $179. Which is still much better than the US price (for the brand name Keppra because the generic isn't approved here yet); I was told on Saturday that 45 pills would cost $92.32, and when I went to pick them up on Monday, the price had increased to $107.something. I hope the generic works.