Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A very unpleasant surprise

Milk's been so "normal" lately that I really had sort of put seizures out of my mind. Well, not totally, but there was absolutely nothing that would have made me think that he'd wake me this morning in the beginning of one.

I'd guess it lasted about 30 seconds - it's hard to judge. There was a digital clock right there, and it said 5:20 when I first looked at it, and 5:21 when the seizure activity appeared to be over. This one continued the recent pattern of having very little physical involvement, but lots of growling/snarling. He was laying on his side, and never changed position at all until he got up to jump down and go to the kitchen to get something to eat. My mind was caught on his tail, which had extended out from his body in a sort of "c" shape when the seizure started, and just stayed in the same place the whole time. There was a moderate amount of foaming, not a ton. He ate most of two cans of Fancy Feast afterward, and then curled up on the floor, waiting, it appeared, for me to finish typing this.

I'm really disappointed, but at least it's been two weeks since the last seizure, instead of two days....